Hello, Brockbank Families!
I hope you enjoyed the long weekend! It was wonderful to see so many of you come to SEP Conferences! Friday was also a great day for teachers to get ready for the new term and plan together for upcoming lessons, activities, and events!
We are especially excited for our school-wide fundraiser that started today. Your child should have brought home information about our Fun-Run that will be on January 26th. Today begins the opportunity for the students to collect pledges for the laps that they run. Attached is an information sheet about the Fun-Run and fundraiser. Here are a few items in a nutshell:
- The money we receive from the pledges of the Fun-Run will go to our Leveled Library, our Take Home Library, to classroom materials, and to technology.
- This fundraiser is totally optional and your child does not need to participate.
- Students are only to call or go to those people that you as parents/guardians approve of. We DO NOT want students going door to door.
- There will be a cap of the number of laps (36) students run.
- You may pledge online or with the pledge sheet that went home today.
- Parents and family members are welcome to come to the Fun-Run on Thursday, January 26th. We will schedule grade levels at certain times and those times will be announced later.
- The students will work as a class to meet goals and challenges for the fundraiser, so everyone is involved.
- Students may bring in pledges daily, or weekly, whichever you prefer.
Over the next couple of weeks, our students will be focusing on the theme of “LEGENDS” (Learn, Engage, Give, Empower, Never Quit, DO) as our focus to go along with our Fun-Run. We hope you will talk to your child about these words and their meanings. We also hope you will encourage your child to be ready for the Fun-Run and make this an exciting event to prepare for! We appreciate your help and support and know the money for this activity will serve our school for years to come!
Brockbank Birthday: Along with our Fun-Run, we will be celebrating Brockbank’s Birthday! Brockbank will be 57 years young! We love our school and the History behind it! It is truly an icon in Spanish Fork! For this celebration the sixth grade Spirit Council has come up with the following Spirit Days:
Monday, January 23rd will be a Happy Birthday to Brockbank Day! Tuesday, January 24th-students will dress up as if they lived in 1959, when the school opened. Wednesday, January 25th-students will dress up as their favorite LEGEND-to go along with our Fun-Run. Thursday, January 26th-students will dress up in their sports gear so they can run, run, run! Friday, January 27th-students will dress up in their spirit colors!
We appreciate your support and all you do to make our school such a great place to come to each day! We love our students and the hard work and effort they put forth each day! Brockbank is the best!
1/26-In School Fun-Run Fundraiser!
2/10-6th Grade Science Fair!